Lee Daniels Gives The Final Verdict On The Fate Of 'Star' — Video

June 01, 2019 11:44 AM
It’s official…

Director Lee Daniels took to Instagram to announce that despite his efforts, he’s not going to be able to find a new network for STAR after it was cancelled by FOX after three seasons.

If you are unfamiliar with the music scripted drama, STAR followed three young women (Jude Demorest, Ryan Destiny and Brittany O'Grady) who form a musical act in Atlanta and navigate through the seedy entertainment business. Other major stars in the show include Queen Latifah, Brandy, Patti LaBelle, Lenny Kravitz and Naomi Campbell.

Lee took to social media this week to announce he was going to find a new network for the show… only to find out he won’t be able to.

In his IG video, Daniels starts off with: "OK, so I've got some bad news: It ain't happening. I tried my best, guys. You know, we got some incredible people. I mean, I can't even list everybody. “

"I'll say it in a letter. But, in a nutshell, it ain't happening," Daniels continued. "I did my best and just know that just like with Precious or Empire, that first season, The Butler, Monster's Ball...the next thing I do is gon' be STAR. It will exist in all of my work. I love you all and the fans that have supported us."

Watch Lee Daniels give the final verdict on STAR, below:

Thank you guys for loving Star! I’m at a loss for words to describe my sadness. So I’m gunna just say THANKS ....to my incredible cast and crew and FANS!!!! And a shout out to #foxtv for letting us into your homes every Wednesday 💫❤️ 1d

In the caption, Daniels wrote that he was "at a loss for words to describe my sadness" but reiterated his thanks to those that tuned in to watch the show and helped make it a success.

Should he try Netflix or just totally leave it alone?

=====================================================================

Previous story by Vincent "Heartbreak" Tucker (05/29/2019 at 9:02 am CT):

=====================================================================
To the disappointment of fans of FOX series STAR, it was announced earlier this month that the scripted musical drama would not be returning for the 2019-2020 Television season.

STAR, starring Jude Demorest, Ryan Destiny, Brittany O’Grady, Queen Latifah, Amiyah Scott, and Quincy Brown, was reportedly cancelled due to poor ratings.

Co-creator Lee Daniels has restored hope for the future of the series as he’s assuring fans that he isn’t giving up the show without a fight.

Reportedly, the Empire spin-off is being shopped around to several different networks after the third season of the show ended with a cliffhanger on May 8th.

Daniels took to Instagram to comment on the show’s future.

“Fighting guys!” Daniels wrote with a clip of the show, adding, “Will know this week…or top of next. I’m NOT letting them STOP the CULTURE…SORRY!”

Take a look, below:

Fighting guys! Will know this week... or top of next! 💫💫 I’m NOT letting them STOP the CULTURE.. SORRY!!

According to Deadline, BET and OWN are being looked at as the potential home for STAR. While it is "considered a long shot" that it will ultimately be picked up, Daniels believes it could happen.

Will you follow STAR to a new network?

So What Else...